Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.




The DHS ERAP application portal is open and accepting applications. The portal will remain open until 8,500 applications are receivedLearn more

Want to help? Here is how. Learn more


There is a Temporary Local Benefit to households receiving the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for the period January 1, 2024, through September 30, 2024. Learn more


List Your Units Here Today! Read more



Changes to Process for Replacement of Stolen EBT Benefits

In March 2022, jurisdictions across the country including the District of Columbia (“District or “DC”) began receiving reports of stolen benefits from customers’ Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards. Since then, the District has been replacing stolen benefits from EBT cards. New federal regulations require certain changes to the DC Department of Human Services (DHS)’ reimbursement practices. These are summarized below and will go into effect on September 25, 2023. 

  1. To file a claim for compromised benefits, please complete and submit a Replacement of Stolen Benefits form
  2. Please view the attached FAQs below to learn more about requesting stolen benefit reimbursements

 Previous Process 

(Prior to September 25, 2023) 

New Process 

(Effective September 25, 2023) 

No limit on the maximum benefit reimbursed per claim 

Maximum reimbursement per claim set at the amount of the customer’s most recent two months of benefit allotment 

Customers must change their PIN 

Customers must obtain a replacement card from Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) 

No limit on the number of submitted claims per fiscal year (FY) 

A maximum of two (2) claims per household per FY can be reimbursed 

No time limit to reporting loss 

Customer must report loss within 30 calendar days of becoming aware of the loss 

Police report required 

No police report required 

Reimbursements are processed as they are confirmed 

Reimbursements will be processed within 12 business days from receipt of the completed claim 

No signed attestation is required from customers 

Customers must submit a signed attestation or provide verbal agreement to DHS 

No single claims form used for reporting stolen benefits 

Customers must complete and submit a Request for Replacement of Stolen Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and/or Cash Benefits form (DHS-1697 claim form) 

If you have any questions about these changes or how to submit a claim, you can call (202) 671-4460, then press “1” for a live representative during normal business hours Monday-Friday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. If you are Hearing Impaired, you may call TTY 711.