District Direct: A Mobile Application for Public Benefits
District Direct is a convenient mobile application (mobile app) that allows residents to apply for public benefits available in the District. Applications for food, cash, and medical benefits, and verification documents, may be submitted through the mobile app. Through the app, District residents may also complete public benefit recertifications and mid-certifications, view upcoming and past benefit distributions, and update personal/household information.
District Direct is free and available in the Google Play and Apple app stores.
District Direct allows DC residents to:
- Apply for benefits
- Recertify and renew benefits
- Upload verification documents
- View benefit information and notice
- Update household information and report any changes
Accessing District Direct
- Go to District Direct online by clicking here
- Download the mobile device app in the Google Play or Apple app stores.
Watch the District Direct Video, click on the image below:
The following user guides, FAQ, and video also provide helpful information for using District Direct:
- DDRP Proof of Benefits Functionality_V1
- DDMA_Proof of Benefits Functionality_V1
- Creating a District Direct Account
- Submitting an Application for Public Benefits using District Direct
- Uploading Documents using District Direct Resident Portal
- Uploading Documents using District Direct Mobile App
- Completing Recertifications for Public Benefits using District Direct
- Completing Midcertifications for Public Benefits using District Direct
- Checking the Status of Public Benefits using District Direct
- Reporting a Change and Update Personal/Household Information using District Direct