At DHS, excellent customer service means that we honor our commitment to each individual who walks through our doors. Therefore, when we know that we have more customers than we can meaningfully serve, we notify our customers that we are only able to offer “Limited Services” for the rest of the day and we inform them of their best service options. We adopted this policy to prevent you from waiting when we know that you will not be able to be interviewed.
If you are in a Service Center when we announce “Limited Services,” here are your options:
- If you have already submitted your documents, and you have questions about your eligibility status or other questions about your case: Call the DHS Call Center at 202.727.5355 and press zero once you are in the system.
- If you are here to apply for TANF or Alliance benefits, you will need to return to one of our five Service Centers in person to complete your application.
- If you are here to apply for other benefits, you have two options:
- Stay in line and have your documents scanned. A caseworker will call you in the next few days to complete your application.
- Visit one of our five Service Centers on another day to complete your application.