The new Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program guarantees that support services are available to you and your whole family. Cash benefits for children continue regardless of how long a family has been enrolled in the TANF program and more rewards are available for parents who achieve employment and training goals.
Benefits of Participating in TANF Employment
and Education Program:
- Earn more money for completing education programs
- Receive incentives for starting a career & earning off TANF
Whether you’re focused on earning a degree or advancing your career, the TANF Employment and Education Program (TEP) offers up to $1,600 in incentives for completing education courses or professional training, and up to $3,200 in incentives for building your career, maintaining employment, and earning off TANF.
Invest in You:
- Complete education courses or professional training.
- Earn up to $3,200* in employment incentives and $1,600**
in education incentives.
*If weekly hour requirements are met.
**If all training programs end within 12 months.
- Receive incentives for starting and advancing your career.
For more information on what’s new with the TANF Employment & Education Program (TEP), contact the Office of Work Opportunity (OWO) at 202.698.1860.