DC L.E.A.P. (Learn Earn Advance Prosper) Academy was born from a simple idea: Train DC residents who currently receive TANF benefits to serve DC residents. The LEAP Academy bridges the gap between unemployed/underemployed TANF customers and in-demand jobs within DC Government and the private sector, while providing a pathway to the middle class.
In partnership with DOES and DCHR, Office of Work Opportunity’s (OWO) goal is to target TANF customers for positions available within DC government.
The next L.E.A.P Academy launch will be announced via email from DHS Office of Work Opportunity. If you meet the below requirements, send an email stating your interest, please include the last four of your social security number with your resume attached, to the Department of Human Services at dhs.[email protected]. Your resume and TANF benefit case status will be reviewed for consideration. Your information will then be added to a list of those to receive email notification of the launch date when it occurs. The email will provide detailed information and instructions on how to apply and what to expect next. If you do not meet the requirements you will receive an email during the application launch period explaining why you are denied.
Who is eligible?
- Must be a current District of Columbia resident
- Must be a current Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipient in good standing.
- Must meet minimum qualifications and suitability requirements for positions (Note: You may be subject to a criminal history check, random drug test, consumer credit check, and a review of traffic recorded and/or other comprehensive background investigations as it relates to the duties of the position).
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED Certificate or higher
- Must be committed to successfully completing the 12-month training program
- Must not be currently enrolled in a D.C. subsidized employment program.
- Must pass a basic computer skills test administered during the interview process
- Must provide proof of CASAS Reading score, minimum 241 or unofficial college transcript
- Must attend a mandatory three (3)weeks DHS Pre-Service training (no work waivers)
The next apply now enrollment will be announced soon.