DC Access: A Mobile Application for Public Benefits
DC Access is a convenient mobile application (mobile app) that allows residents to apply for public benefits available in the District. Applications for food, cash, and medical benefits, and verification documents, may be submitted through the mobile app. DC Access is free and available in the Google Play and Apple app stores.
Using DC Access
- Visit the Google Play or Apple app store to download DC Access.
- Open DC Access on your mobile device and create an account.
- Complete your application for public benefits.
- Take a picture of your verification documents and upload the documents.
- Submit your application. DHS will review and will determine your eligibility. You may receive a call from a DHS representative as a follow up to ensure we have the information needed to process your application.
DC Access Help
The Call Center is available at (202) 727-5255 and can provide help using the mobile app or changing something reported on your application.
The following documents and video also provide helpful information for using DC Access:
- Frequently Asked Questions about DC Access
- How to Create a DC Access Account
- How to Submit an Application via DC Access
- How to Upload a Document to DC Access
- Overview of DC Access Features
For more information about applying for public benefits available in the District, visit the Apply for Benefits information page.