DC Access: A Mobile Application for Public Benefits
DC Access is a convenient mobile application (mobile app) that allows residents to apply for public benefits available in the District. Applications for food, cash, and medical benefits, and verification documents, may be submitted through the mobile app. Throughout the app, District residents may also complete public benefit recertifications and mid-certifications, view upcoming and past benefit distributions, and update personal/household information. DC Access is free and available in the Google Play and Apple app stores.
Using DC Access
- Visit the Google Play or Apple app store to download DC Access.
- Open DC Access on your mobile device and create an account.
- Complete your application for public benefits.
- Take a picture of your verification documents and upload the documents.
- Submit your application. DHS will review and will determine your eligibility. You may receive a call from a DHS representative as a follow up to ensure we have the information needed to process your application.
DC Access Help
The Call Center is available at (202) 727-5355 and can provide help using the mobile app or changing something reported on your application.
The following user guides, FAQ, and video also provide helpful information for using DC Access:
DC Access User Guides:
- Creating a DC Access Account
- Submitting an Application for Public Benefits using DC Access
- Uploading Documents using DC Access
- Completing Recertifications for Public Benefits using DC Access
- Completing Midcertifications for Public Benefits using DC Access
- Checking the Status of Public Benefits using DC Access
- Reporting a Change and Update Personal/Household Information using DC Access
Frequently Asked Questions about the DC Access Mobile App
DC Access Introduction Video:
For more information about applying for public benefits available in the District, visit the Apply for Benefits information page.